International Commercial Arbitration and Investment Dispute is his core area of research. He has special interest of teaching and doing research in International Commercial Law, International Commercial Arbitration and International Investment Dispute. He attained LL.B (Hons.) from International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in Common Law and Islamic Law discipline. Further he has obtained his specialized LL.M in International Commercial Arbitration Law (ICAL) from The University of Stockholm followed by a PhD research in the field of investment dispute from The University of Southampton. He was teaching in the Southampton Law School for three years as a lecturer. He also taught in the University of Portsmouth and Bournemouth University, UK. In 2013 he joined Taylor’s University and actively contributed to the Taylor’s Law School as a member of postgraduate committee in terms of curriculum development and design. He has also served Taylor’s Law School as Director of LL.BProgramme for three and half years. Further he has been in charged with the responsibility of Director of Centre for Research in Law and Development in Asia (CRELDA) which is an institute affiliated to the Taylor’s University. He was the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Centre for Research in Law & Development in Asia (CRELDA). After leaving Taylor’s he was working as Dean of the Faculty of Business & Law, Geomatika University College (GUC), Malaysia in which he has solely developed four Law Programmes and established a Law Department in GUC. He was Moot Advisor both in Southampton Law School and Taylor’s Law School. In January 2019 he joined as Associate Professor in the Department of Law, Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB). In The IUB he is in charged with the responsibility of Moot Advisor. He is a member of Bangladesh Bar Concil.
International Commercial Law, International Commercial Arbitration, Settlement of Investment Dispute, International Maritime Arbitration, Private International Law.
Commercial Law; International Sale of Goods; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Company Law; Private International Law.
Taylor’s University Research Grant worth of RM 30,000.00 (Completed).
KLRCA funding for the publication of International Commercial Arbitration Transnational and Malaysian Law and Practice RM 60,000 (Completed).
Editor-in-Chief of the CRELDA Law Journal, 2015-2017 (He has taken the initiative to publish a Law Journal and successfully launched the CRELDA in 2017).
Director of Centre for Research in Law and Development in Asia. 2015-2017.
Editorial support, Computer Law and Security Review (SCOPUS); He has reviewed several articles in the year 2015-2017.
Editor Humming Bird Journal, Faculty of Business, Law & Social Science, University of Southampton 2010-1213.
- ‘Introduction to Debate and Art of Public Speaking’ 1stEdn. Decent Book House, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2010).
- Introduction to Law of Evidence (Forthcoming).
- ‘Stay of proceedings in favour of International arbitration: Bangladesh perspective’ (2019) International Arbitration Law Review 18 Pages. [Forthcoming]
- ‘Latest Developments in the Maritime Arbitration in Malaysia: Lessons to Be Learnt’ (2019) The Law Review, Sweet & Maxwell. [Forthcoming]
- ‘CISG Substantive Sphere of Application and Ecommerce’ (2017) Vol. 1 Issue 1, Journal of the Centre for Research in Law and Development in Asia.
- ‘Contractual Obligations in the Passing of Property for Sale of Bulk Goods under Malaysian Law: The Role of Equity’ (2017) Vol. 1 Issue 1, The CRELDA Journal.
- ‘Jurisdictional Immunity of State Entities: A Modern Approach’ (2016) The Law Review, Sweet & Maxwell, pp. 1-26.
- ‘Application of CISG in online Sale (e-commerce) contracts’ (2015) Vol.30, Issue 4 Computer Law and Security Review, pp.1-18.
- ‘How far is the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration Independent in Malaysia?’ (2014) The Law Review, Sweet & Maxwell, pp.1-17.
- ‘State Liability for the Conduct of its Entities in International Investment Arbitration’ (2012) Issue 5(3) Int. J. of Private Law, pp. 276-292.
- ‘State Consent and its Limitation to the Investment Arbitration in the Agreement of State entities’, (2012) Law, Governance & World Order, pp. 64-85.
- ‘State Consent to the Agreement of its Entities in Investment Arbitration’, RICS COBRA 2012, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Arizona State University, U.S.A., pp. 65-76.
- ‘Reception of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration: Bangladesh Perspective’ in David A. Frenkel and Carsten Gerner-Beuerle (eds.) (2012), Financial Crisis, Globalisation and Regulatory Reform (Athens: Athens Institute for Education and Research), pp. 181-197.
CONFERENCE PAPERS PRESENTED
- ‘Investor-State Dispute Settlement under Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement: Impact on Malaysia’, Conference of the Irish Association of Law Teachers, 18-20 November 2016, Department of Law, Maynooth University Ireland.
- ‘Application of CISG in online Sale (e-commerce) contracts’ 2015 ANZSIL conference, Thursday 2 July 2015 to Saturday 4 July 2015 at Faculty of Law, Victoria University of Wellington, in Wellington, New Zealand.
- CISG Substantive Sphere of Application and Ecommerce, 4th International Conference on Law and Society (ICLAS IV) 2015, Faculty of Law, University Sultan Zainal Abidin, Kuala Terengganu Malaysia.
- ‘Jurisdictional Immunity of State Entities’ The 3rd International Conference on Social Sciences and Business 2014, Bali, Indonesia.
- ‘State Consent to the Agreement of its Entities in Investment Arbitration.’ 2012 RICS COBRA Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, hosted by Arizona State University (ASU) on 11-13 September 2012.
- ‘Limits of State Consent to Investment Arbitration in the Agreement of State-entities.’ The 2012 IAITL Conference, Athens Greece on 2-4October 2012.
- Constitutional Amendment and its Impact on the Citizen of Bangladesh. (25th Annual BASAS Conference, 11th – 13th April 2011, Hosted by University of Southampton).
- Agreements of State-owned Entities in International Investment Arbitration. (Queen Mary Conference Pushing Legal Knowledge Boundaries, 7th June 2011 Hosted by School of Law, Queen Mary University of London).
- Reception of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration: Bangladesh Perspective. (8th Annual International Conference on Law, 18th – 21st July 2011 Hosted by Athens Institute for Education and Research, Athens Greece).
- State Liability for the Conduct of its Entities in International Investment Arbitration. (The 5th International Law and Trade Conference, Hosted by Department of Law, University of Nicosia and The European University Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus).
- Perdana Global Peace Forum (4 December 2005 – 17 December 2005) Venue: Putra World Trade Center (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Perdana Global Peace Forum Special Session (20 June – 22 June 2006) Venue: DewanTun Dr. Ismail, Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- United Nations Asian Meetings in Support of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People. (15 december-16 December 2006). Representing International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The Perdana Global Peace Forum “Criminalizing War” (5 February -7 February 07) Venue: Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Asia WTO Research Network Regional Conference, Trade WTO and Sustainable Development: a Cause for Concern? (23/04/2007 – 24/04/2007) Venue: Seri Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- Kuala Lumpur International Arbitration Week 7- 9 may, 2015, Venue, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Taylor’s 10th Teaching & Learning Conference 30 Sept. – 1st Oct., 2017, No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s
47500, Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
- Taylor’s 11th Teaching & Learning Conference 22 – 23 September, 2018, No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s
47500, Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
- British Academy Writing Workshop 2018, organised by Department of Law, Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) from October 12-14.
- “National Workshop on Comparative Experience of Statelessness Migration and Protection” 22 – 23 June 2019, Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB), Dhaka Bangladesh.